New Vehicle Search – The Power is in Your Hands
Published February 9, 2021 - Written by IAA, Inc.
4 min read
IAA is putting the power in your hands by listening and taking action. In this issue, we introduce the upcoming launch of a new Vehicle Search that was built based upon your feedback.
New Vehicle Search Enhancements
You spoke, we listened! Later this month, a redesigned and re-imagined Vehicle Search is coming to IAAI.com and the Buyer Mobile App, replacing the existing Fast Search option.
The new Vehicle Search puts the power in your hands, making research more efficient and allowing you to spend more time bidding and purchasing. We’ve added flexibility to allow you to filter and save searches tailored to your vehicle preferences.
Among the biggest changes you specifically requested is the location of search filters, which are moving to the left-hand column from the top of the page. Here are some additional features you’ll see with Vehicle Search:
- Select multiple checkboxes on most filters.
- Save a search on IAAI.com and load it in your Buyer Mobile App.
- Check-out three new filters: New Inventory, Series (or Trim Level), and Distance (location).
- Search based on actual vehicle location with “Sort by Distance” rather than the associated branch.
- Access popular filters with the “Feature Filters” shortcut.
- Search inventory in the US, UK and Canada with “Filter by Market."
We look forward to receiving your feedback once the page goes live!
Login Process Enhancements
Vehicle Search is just one part of our website getting a facelift. Coming soon, your login page will have a new, redesigned interface with enhanced security to protect your information. Licensed Buyers will be able to add bidders to their account in the Additional Bidders section.
Part of this redesign requires that you write down your unique login ID and password if you currently have it automatically saved. You must re-enter these manually following the redesign, and you’ll be able to save the information for quick login afterwards.
- Password Reset: Users will be able to reset their password simply by clicking “Forgot Password” and do so by email or SMS. You no longer need to email Buyer Services to reset your password.
- Login ID Update: Users can now change their login ID within their profile in My Auction Center. If you’ve forgotten your login ID, you will need to contact Buyer Services.
Introducing IAA Engine Starts™ video
To determine a vehicle’s condition online, you need to see and hear the engine running. That’s now possible with IAA Engine Starts™ video, an innovative feature designed to help buyers be fully informed prior to bidding.
IAA Engine Starts™ video is a 10-second under-the-hood view with full sound for buyers to assess the engine’s condition as it runs. This feature is available on inventory pages for vehicles with an engine that starts.
IAA Engine Starts™ video is part of our IAA Interact™ platform that is revolutionizing the salvage auction industry and giving our buyers the necessary imagery, information, and personalization to be confident with their purchase.
We listen to our customers and prioritize feedback to make your IAA experience efficient and enjoyable. In 2020, our customers surveys received more than 50,000 pieces of feedback from you. We look forward to receiving more of your input in 2021.
You’ve noticed in recent newsletters we’ve highlighted critical areas from our monthly Voice of the Customer surveys, and we will continue to do so going forward. We are committed to listening to your feedback in order to build new products, enhance our existing products and services, and give our customers what they want and need for the best possible IAA experience. In our next Buyer Newsletter, we’ll highlight feedback from the January 2021 Voice of the Customer surveys.
- IAA Detroit is hosting a special promotion for Avis Budget Group vehicles purchased in February. Buy 5 get $50 per unit, buy 10 get $100 per unit. Learn More.
- More inventory running at IAA Charleston with the addition of a second lane.
- DDI Technology is expanding into the Indiana market for electronic vehicle title and registration services.
- IAA remains focused on the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and their families. When visiting an IAA Branch, remember to wear a face covering at all times. Also, if you are viewing a vehicle, a safety vest and/or bright-colored clothing is required.
IAA Brand Ambassador Corey Lewis has once again raced in the Paul Miller/IAA GTD #1 Lamborghini Huracan Evo to the podium of the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Corey and his team followed up their 2020 victory with a third-place finish in this year’s 24-hour race, only 23 seconds behind the winner.
Corey’s next race will be March 17-20 at Sebring International Raceway in Florida for the 12 Hours of Sebring.
Buyer NewsletterSave Time with Sale List Enhancement
June 9, 2022
Buyer NewsletterRental Inventory from Names You Know and Trust
May 5, 2022
Buyer NewsletterNew Digital Enhancements and Search Features Help You Stay Competitive
March 24, 2022