New Chicago-area Leaders Elected to BBB Board of Directors
Published July 7, 2020 - Written By Better Business Bureau
CHICAGO – July 7, 2020 – Five Chicago-area business leaders were elected to the Board of Directors of the Better Business Bureau serving Chicago and Northern Illinois at the organization’s June meeting. Better Business Bureau board members are responsible for overseeing the direction of the organization and its strategies, as well as conferring with the executives responsible for day-to-day operations of the BBB. The five business people elected to the BBB Board of Directors are:
- Mr. Nick Booras, Director of Buyer Business Development, IAA, Inc. - Westchester, IL
- Mr. Jen Clune, Managing Director, Clune Construction Company – Chicago IL
- Ms. Krystal Roberts, General Manager, Advantage Chevrolet, Inc. – Hodgkins, IL
- Mr. Burim Saliu, Director of Pharmacy and Retail Operations, Walgreens – Deerfield IL
- Mr. Thomas J. Tropp, Global Chief Ethics Officer, Arthur J. Gallagher – Rolling Meadows, IL
- Nick Booras is the Director of Buyer Business Development, IAA, Inc., Nick leads the strategy for the company’s buyer market segments, spanning over 135 countries. He also develops and structures programs to attract new buyers and increase revenue verticals.
- Jen Clune is Managing Director at Clune Construction, a national general contractor. Clune has more than 600 employees and manages over $1 billion in commercial and mission critical construction. Jen focuses on promoting the range of Clune’s services to national clients, that bring a depth of knowledge of building issues to each project so the firm can continually deliver cost effective solutions.
- Krystal Roberts is the General Manager, Advantage Chevrolet, Inc.Krystal has over 15 years of automotive dealer experience and has held various positions within the Advantage Auto Group. Her leadership has helped elevate the dealership to one of the top top 5% in national sales with Chevrolet.
- Burim Saliu is Director of Pharmacy and Retail Operations, at Walgreens. Burim is a seasoned strategic retail executive commanding expertise in driving business results and leading talent. He is responsible for strategic management of 75 locations and a yearly annual P&L of more than $800M in revenue.
- Thomas J. Tropp is the Global Chief Ethics Officer, at Arthur J. Gallagher. Tom joined Gallagher in 2007 and reports directly to Chairman, President and CEO J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr. In his role, he spends much of his time traveling to Gallagher offices around the world, speaking and listening to Gallagher employees regarding the values of the company and the role of ethics in business.
Vice President of Public and Board Relations,
BBB Serving Chicago & Northern Illinois
Better Business Bureau of Chicago and Northern Illinois is a nonprofit organization that serves both consumers and trustworthy businesses. For more than 93 years, it has helped protect consumers and businesses from scams and warn of untrustworthy businesses. This is accomplished through education programs and an extensive free database for consumers and businesses to see business ratings and reviews. The BBB helps promote trustworthy businesses and strives to provide tools to help businesses of integrity excel.
Better Business Bureau of Chicago and Northern Illinois is a part of the International Association of Better Business Bureaus (IABBB), which is the network hub for BBBs in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Like individual BBBs, IABBB is dedicated to fostering honest and responsive relationships between businesses and consumers -- instilling consumer confidence and advancing a trustworthy marketplace for all.
Related Press Release
Press ReleaseIAA Earns 2023 Great Place to Work Certification<sup>™️</sup>
March 2, 2023
Press ReleaseIAA Loan Payoff<sup>®️</sup> Exceeds $3 Billion in Total Loss Transactions in 2022
February 10, 2023
Press ReleaseIAA Announces New Market Alliance in Qatar
January 16, 2023